Saturday 29 March 2014

where 'ave you bloomin' been?

Working at my day job for my supper - if only life was just full of the fun stuff.   But then how would we know if we were having fun or not, if that all there was!?   This is how I console myself every Monday morning.

Did have some time for some fun;
  • Did some baking for my works Bake Club weekly competition.  It was my turn to bake for my team - my theme was 'School Dinner Puddings'.  Thanks to a great website called Little Stuff and a receipe I got from a lovely friend of a friend - Sue, who was a Dinner Lady, I baked; Sue's Butterscotch Tart & from Little Stuff; Chocolate  Cement + Coconut and Jam Sponge.    There were lots of oooowers, but did not win.   Loved baking it all - my taste testers, the Ole Quadped and Happy Hippy enjoyed their share.

Did not get photos of this baking, but here is some breakfast bread I baked using Simply So Good' Crusty Bread recipe & translated from US measurements into Euro measurements by the wonderful Attic24's here - No Knead Bread







Here it is with  The Happy Hippy & my Saturday morning breakfast of No Knead Bread with grapefruit marmalade & Whittards' Yummy Chilli Hot Chocolate - slurp




  • Went to a special recording of a folk club evening which the Happy Hippy and I visit -  TwickFolk.  The BBC Radio Wales - Celtic Heartbeat show did a special post Wales v England Rugby match show & the special guest was Ralph McTell.   See TwickFolk for some videos if you want to see/hear some clips.


 - The pub cat considering a new career








              Frank Hennessy of BBC Radio Wales -





  • Did one shift at the Connect Charity Shop I work at every other Saturday morning. Love putting out all the stuff that is in need of a new forever home :o)







  • Had an op on my left hand - which is where I am at the moment - not able to hook or needle but can just about type one handed!  Not able to do very much for the next 2 weeks - ah poodles - but can catch up with my reading, videos & music YaY!

                                   

 Sorry for the lack of photos - still working on the photo blogging side things.

Thanks for stopping by xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment