Saturday 1 March 2014

(pm) Now to get going with the new project

In my circle, a new baby on it's way and want to knit something for this little one.   We know it is a boy and so with other information I have, there is a theme to this project.    I have decided to go for The Thrifty Knitter's Hoodie Baby Blanket - great picture borrowed from The Thrifty Knitter's website - this was her version:

I am going for a colour pattern design I found on Knitty.com, by Franklin Habit  (he used the pattern for a continuous collar/scarf/snood -Princess Franklin Plaid Collar).   I loved the way he used the colours and it fitted one of the criteria of my theme.   I am using my own colour combination, but I adore his version.

The gauge for the hooded blanket needed roughly about 4 stitches per inch on 5mm needles - my gauge was a bit out - so have gone for 5 per inch on 5mm needles.   Hoping I have made the right decision - as a very slow knitter do not have much time before the "Baby Shower".   Which by the way is not an old tradition as far as I know in the UK, and has been imported from the US - but what a fab idea (especially for crafters!).   It means if there is no one in your close circle that you can knit diddley baby stuff for, then an invite to a Baby Shower is a perfect excuse.    Will pop some "progress shots" tomorrow.    Ooooh forgot to say - got two more hyacinths from the lovely garden centre near my favourite dog walking spot.   The Old Quadped has not been up to a long woody walk for a while, but after a revitalising vet visit recently, he was certainly on form.   No pictures from this afternoon, but this is what the wood looked like last spring.   These are real english bluebells (small delicate and with a wonderful fragrance).   Spk again soon.  Thanks for stopping by.



No comments:

Post a Comment